Agnostic.com

4 2

G'day and Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to Friends, Acquaintances and Members all, as you'll see I'm back at last.
Odds on no-one missed me though....LOL.
Had 5 weeks up in the middle of Nowhere, a bit west of the N.S.W. /S.A. border, a wee bit south of the S.A.com/N.T. border helping an old mate out on his property after he had a vehicle smash, broke his right femur, right humerus and dislocated his right shoulder.
But he's okay now, still a bit sore though but his Ford Utility is worse looking than he was.
Came home from there just to get knocked arse over elbows in the main street of town by an idiot riding a bicycle on the footpath, copped a concussion, a dislocated left shoulder, a fractured radius, a fractured left wrist and some damage to the brachial nerve in my left arm.
4 weeks in a sling and a brace, followed by 6 weeks of torture ( physiotherapy) to get my left arm working again so at least now I can type and use my computer again.

Triphid 9 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is your crazy neighbor or his girlfriend helping you? Maybe at least praying for you? 😂 Damn bike riders!

Nope, nothing from the neighbourhood Evangelidiot, his "lady-friend," a Catholic of presumably of either Philippine or S.E. Asian origin was helpful however in that, despite his protests, she brought me soups and and a few meals she had cooked, they were, of course, Asian style meals but very very welcome and tasty none-the-less.

Wow, so glad you & your friend got through these horrors!

Thanks, I'm doing well, Snoddo, last name is Snodgrass in all actual fact and truth as well btw, is doing well but we can't say the same for either his Ute or the feral camel he hit though.

@Triphid on the bright side, I hear camel is tasty......

@AnneWimsey Camel Jerky taste pretty good, so does Croc-Jerky ( I've tried them both btw) but Snoddo is planning to tan the camel's hide and make a floor rug of it, turn the meat into jerky ( we've already cut up the carcass while he was in hospital and stored in one of his big freezers.
As for his beloved Ute, well he reckons he can rebuild it give time, about 2-3 centuries I reckon going on the damage it has suffered.

WOW!!!! That's terrible news, but glad it's all getting better!!!! I for one did miss you, & kept looking for you, wondering if you were ok.

Likewise here.

Nice to know someone missed me, thank you.
The most tedious and boring weeks of my life with my left arm out of action I'd have to say.
Thankfully a few good friends came to the fore and made certain I wasn't stuck with eating out of tin cans, etc., even nicer to be cooking my own meals again though.
Still NOT smoking, still learning to enjoy the freshness of everything and saving money nicely, well when I don't buy things that I've always wanted/needed but couldn't afford that is,
Did learn that a local Asian Restaurant did home deliveries of meals though, made quite a welcome change to the usual menu and cuisine around the house.

@Triphid Yes, food can get boring in a hurry, but delivery is good for a change too.
Glad to see you back.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Thanks a heap, glad to be back also.

Welcome back to the madhouse! 🙂

'Tis great to be back, even better to have both arms and hands back in working order even the the left aches quite a bit still and the feeling in my left pinkie isn't quite back to normal as yet.
How have things been over in Sand-groper country of late?

@Triphid G'Day! July was seriously wet. It's great to hear that you are getting back to normal. 🙂

@anglophone As they say, " You can't keep a good dog down"......LOL.
I just keep on getting up and kicking back.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616992
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.