Agnostic.com

1 2

"It is nothing less than shameful that we are still bogged down in the basic question of whether or not wearing a mask during a deadly and increasingly infectious pandemic is effective. The science is in – masks work."

MASKS WORK: [theness.com]

Druvius 8 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From the comments section. "Pilots in the United States aren’t allowed to wear beards because they compromise the seal of oxygen masks on the face, primarily used for emergency decompression and for fire and smoke. Without a good seal, even an N95 won’t provide proper protection, which is why most include instructions for achieving a proper fit. In general, having two bands going around your head makes it far easier to get a good seal than with ear loops.
Respirators are nice; it’s amazing to handle chemicals without smelling them, but they are heavy and uncomfortable to wear for long." I have a beard, and I don't believe the masks I've worn would do anything to prevent exposure to a respiratory virus.

BDair Level 8 Aug 20, 2021

This study was also linked in the comments. [ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:617097
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.