Agnostic.com

6 16

LINK Education Department will cancel student debt for more than 320,000 borrowers

The debt forgiveness, which will go to borrowers with a total and permanent disability, will be automatically granted using data already available to the Social Security Administration.

snytiger6 9 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fantastic but it may not include my ex. Many people I know claim they had to pay for their student loans so others should also. I disagree.

It’s only fair. The problem is those who try to cheat the system, who try to use it for fraudulent means.

That isn't as big a deal as some of us would like. The current SSDI and SSI allows you to get out of debt with a 3 year waiting, no work allowed. Once a doctor signs off on it. Since most on SSDI SSI aren't working anyway (and yes I know many want to work on SSDI part time - I wanted to and had to wait 3 years).
More people's debts should be canceled. Student loan debt should be canceled by bankruptcy - it isn't, thank you Bush Sr. All with bankruptcy past or present should have it forgiven as well.

Biden had a big part in that too, which may explain his hesitancy [theintercept.com]

Good news for SSI and SSDI.

Should be a great shot in the arm for the Economy too!

That is fantastic news!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:617123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.