Agnostic.com

9 17

Drive 'till you buy as they say and that's what my girlfriend and I had to do lately.
We were living in a rented house in Longueuil (pronounced Long-Eye) in the suburb of Montreal. But the landlords told us they were not renewing the lease, they were taking back the house and asked us to leave. So we searched real steady for a new house to rent or to buy, but the real estate market has truly gone nuts lately, the cost of housing has strongly increased since the beginning of the pandemic. All we were looking for was a roof above our heads we can afford with a fenced yard for our dog.
We made it. We found ourselves a new house a little further in the suburb, in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu. We had the keys a month ago. We did a whole lot of cleaning up, wallpaper removal, fixing up, painting up the place. We were fortunate to have a lot of help from our family and friends.
And we are moving this weekend. We look forward to having our first night of sleep at our new place this sunday night.

QuidamOutrepont 8 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Enjoy your new home!

I hate moving. And thought of redecorating! Here it is a major exercise alone in getting agent's or landlord's permission. You are probably better of their with enlightenment from France. Here it's miserable Scottish Jews, I mean Presbyterians, control freaking German Lutherans or greedy happy slappies!

Here’s to happy times in your new home…bonne chance!

That's great news! Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations!

Congrats

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 21, 2021

With family & friends to pitch in, you got a friendly welcome to a clean home.
Congratulations on finding a new place to enjoy new experiences.

Congrats, I hope it works out well for you.

Congratulations on finding the perfect place for your family! It sounds like you'll be very happy there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:617467
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.