Agnostic.com

2 7

LINK GOP senator says unvaccinated Americans -- not undocumented immigrants -- are to blame for COVID-19 surge - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC) broke ranks with many Trump-loving governors on Friday when he said that unvacThe Citizen-Times reports that Tillis told the Council of Independent Business Owners on Thursday that it isn't fair to blame immigrants for the spread of the novel coronavirus when so many Americans are refusing a free vaccine.mmigrants.

The Citizen-Times reports that Tillis told the Council of Independent Business Owners on Thursday that it isn't fair to blame immigrants for the spread of the novel coronavirus when so many Americans are refusing a free vaccine.

"If you look at a state like North Carolina, even absent the possible threat of spreading through illegal crossings, we've got a real problem here with people not getting the vaccine," he said. "I think the biggest factor right now is we have far too many people who are refusing to get the vaccine."

Tillis said that the situation in North Carolina could grow so severe in the coming weeks that an economic shutdown could be possible.

"It may very well be that they have to do a shutdown to get control over it, because our population is not helping get control over it by having more people vaccinated," he said.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just since this morning I've read of two NON-covid deaths due to there being no hospital beds to treat the patients. Both had treatable conditions but required ICU beds but by the time a bed became available they had passed. One doctor said he had never lost a patient to gallstone pancreatitis - which is what one guy died from. Neither had covid.
One small Texas town is virtually shut down, over 50% of the citizens have Covid. There's no one to run the business and kids can't go to school. No need for a lock down there they did it to themselves. Oh and of course the dead ones will never buy anything . .ever . . again.

But I bet the undertakers are doing as roaring trade!

@anglophone Yes there is an up side. LOL

Ooooooh poor Rethug baeby, is his base all dying off due to Fux News lying?..Tillis you're too late, death is here to collect that debt..you so wantonly ignored and disparaged..No fucks given..

"Fux News" I love it!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:618981
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.