Agnostic.com

4 0

I did not write this opinion piece and the original author is not known to me. I did find it interesting though and I offer it as a basis for discussion.

"The danger to America is not Joe Biden, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Biden presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Biden, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Biden, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."

I will comment that the term "depraved electorate" was a poor choice of inflammatory words.

dumasarok 7 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We barely survived Trump, so I held my nose and voted for Biden because even tho I knew he was just as corrupt as Trump, he would at least have some competent people around him and do a better job of trying to help us thru Covid, unlike Trump. That he chose to finally get us out of Afghanistan, after both parties worked to keep us there way too long, was a bonus. Our country will survive whatever Biden does during what will surely be only one term, but more importantly, we will not survive the continued neglect of our leaders not fighting climate change as well as the bipartisan program of letting our jobs here be eliminated thru automation and outsourcing overseas, as well as worsening economic inequality. It helped lead to the Jan. 6 insurrection and if the duopoly continues to sell us out economically, we will have civil war in this country, before the end of the decade, if not sooner, between the fascists and either the federal government, or, more likely between them and the federal govt., against the rest of us with marital law, and, after the crackdown, a dictatorship of the right wing, and no more elections. Probably as well a dictatorship that is theocratic Christian.

More hate-based, substance-absent conservative claptrap. You are nothing if not consistent.

Replace "Biden" with "Trump" and Voila! Otherwise, WTF?!?

Yes you're right. We could replace the target name with any politico that we don't like. As I said, it's an opinion piece and there are many different opinions in the wild.

@dumasarok is a well-chosen user name.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.