Agnostic.com

4 9

We won the election, however I'm really sad, some people I thought were rational explained to me last night that they've been humoring me for years, they voted for Trump and they hate the current administration.

I give up, I'll always oppose conservatives because they have the worst policies, however I'm now convinced that America is going to fall to fascism from within.
I'm not happy about it.

Willow_Wisp 8 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This article does a pretty good job summing it all up. Democracy in America is over, people just don't realize it yet.

[theatlantic.com]

When l was young the Russians said they would not have to defeat us that we would fall from within. When greed for money and power take over a country, it is doomed, just look at history.

It really is disheartening when you find out people you love and care about have succumbed to the orange anus. It does make one wonder if people in general are all fakes, and have been scamming us for years when it come to politics and trump!

The fascists in my life have almost always made themselves known pretty much from the start. Like you I grew up in a conservative community and was surrounded by fascists.

This time it was my daughters, we've spoke many times before, they never gave me a clue about their political opinions even though I encouraged them to.
I'm really depressed today.

@Willow_Wisp if my 2 came out Trumpian, I'd be devastated..sorry it happened to you.
(((((HUGS)))))

@Charlene The Achilles heel of Democracy is that if fascist can get enough people to vote for it, Democracy can commit suicide by voting fascist. Fascist are motivated, driven really, non fascist have lives and frequently don't bother voting at all. Last November we all turned out to stop fascism, will we have the will to do so again? Meanwhile California is having a recall election in an attempt to remove a democratically elected governor. Frankly I find the future bleak.

@Willow_Wisp I've been saying for years the Rethugs, along with Moderate Dems, are willingly pushing us to brink of Civil War..

@Charlene Darling there will be no war, it's like Germany in 1937 now, the results seem inevitable.

@Willow_Wisp I don't think younger P.O.C will sit ideally as their hard fought rights are stripped from them, and as a member of the Trans community I certainly won't..our Dads and uncles defeated the Fascist in WWII..we can do no less here..

@Charlene Thank you, Charlene, you've made my day because I think you're right: my girls, my personal community of mixed PoC and genders, we will all fight. We may not have realized how many we'd have to fight against (I mean, why isn't this fight for equality fucking over yet?), but they will not go complacently. Neither will I.

@Lauren Good to know Lauren..what some fail to grasp is the support of Fascist groups is a Nationwide problem.The Proud Boys, for instance, have chapters in every state. White Supremacy runs deep in this country. Those who aren't of the Right color, or religion, or strictly binary, or gender will bare the brunt in Red States first. The Rethugs have exposed their intentions to remain in power, by any means necessary. It's gonna be ugly, and brutal...

@Charlene Indeed, they are pervasive and emboldened, and it's terrifying. I've lived in too many "liberal" areas to believe there's anywhere that we're safe from them. The most frustrating to me are those who refuse to see, and blow it off as a few bad areas. They are our weak link, and will take us down, if only unintentionally. 😟

@Lauren they are indeed the weak link..sadly they're also the one's that will turn their backs on the Republic, until their way of life is Directly threated..having a cush life is so much easier to have than actually fight along side those that don't

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619307
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.