Agnostic.com

8 8

I'm finding that putting the forever block on the anti-vax members very satisfying. i can't find any reason to read the ignorance they gush.

hankster 9 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I concur.

Administration should block their stupidity..... They're killing people with their bullshit

Sometimes ignoring others is the best medicine.

sharp stick in the eye might be better but the test are inconclusive.

@hankster Or a 2 x 4 (preferably a 2 x 6) upside the head is just as good. Problem is, how does one do that virtually?

Anti-vaxxers are mainly interested in FITE: Finger In The Eye. They know their bullshit is a lie, but they also know putting it out there is a frustration to everyone else. It's like a Proud Boy who wants a fight for the sake of fighting. Along with the malignant narcissism, these anti-vax psychos thrive on drama. Again, like their idol, Trump. You're not going to be able to reason with them, and their whole agenda is to piss off the rest of us. Just block 'em. (In the fullness of time, they should be institutionalized).

hospital of one kind or another.

Yeah needed at times

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 30, 2021

The final solution! To preserve sanity it may prove to be the only option!!

I've been resisting, but I think I'll be following suit very shortly. I guess I'd thought they may be swayed with some logical discussion, but that seems an almost impossible task.

that's where i settled. ive had more reasonable discussions with fenceposts. there is no small chance the blocking is simple redundancy considering their possible lack of much future.

@hankster You're right, of course, so off they go. They have the dubious honor of being my very first blocks. 🙂

@Lauren I've blocked idiots before. its nice. congratulations!

I've also resisted blocking them so far, since they rarely if ever post anything not anti-vaccine related, so I just ignore them. I wish there was a solution here for marking some posts as disinformation, but I suppose that would go against some people's feeling of freedom of speech.

@Julie808 It's a good idea though. It would also be cool to have a way to partially block someone by content. I guess we can dream. 🙂

@hankster omgomgomg, I just did it! It's kind of ... exhilarating! Nice.

I wish the admin would allow me to block people. I haven't been able to block anyone in many months.

that's weird.

you have probably done this, but logging out and back in?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619318
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.