Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK 'OK millennial': Don't blame the boomers for decline of religion in America

Well I like this one from a religious apologist. (Sarcasm intended)

Don't blame boomers for increasing secularism and declining church attendance, blame Millennials, he says. Well, I don't blame them, i criticise them, for too often hanging on to religion, at least notionally, instead of being honest and walking away. On the other hand, I don't blame Millennials for abandoning religion; I thank them. It's one thing they are getting right.

But seriously, look at this nonsense. He's looking at attributing blame for decline in religion, oblivious to the reasons why, macro and generational.

David1955 8 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like the trend. It looks like in two more generations belief in a deity will be almost dead.

A regular in the Christian press, blame. They will look of course for anywhere to place the blame, as long as it is not within their perfect religion.

A by product or living in the past, and failing to understand the changing world in which they continue to practise their particular form of grift.

Blame? I'd love to take the credit.

Me too. Articles like this give an indication of how limited religious thinking is, and how they often fail to see the times they are living in.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619420
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.