Agnostic.com

6 36

Isn't this what most conflict comes down to? People who cannot accept any change, no matter how small, to their accepted version of reality.
This is why the pea brains of the world lower everyone down to the lowest common denominator and why we struggle to escape outdated concepts like religion.

SnowyOwl 8 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sagan is a fallible human — the pea brains of the world DO NOT lower everyone down to the lowest common denominator.

The pea brains are not the most fit and natural selection takes more of them out.

Sagan has been a very important figure in my life. The guy was the best at explaining complicated ideas in a way that basically anyone with an open mind could understand. I especially love the whole pale blue dot thoughts that he put forth.

It’s like the more you zoom out of this planet everything seems to become ever more peaceful and serene. It makes me long for simpler times and easier days of the past.

This is a great post. I was so upset today at an ignorant post on YouTube claiming that Biden is solely responsible for the Afghanistan debacle. I don't like to get into online debates with people but the wackos are really out in force and I couldn't help it. People just want to make up their own facts to fit their own fucked up point of view. Disturbing really.

Everywhere you go, there they are - Frickin Idjits! lol

@SnowyOwl I know it's a rat hole to argue with people online. But I can't believe the audacity of those who basically make Trump their political God. He can do no wrong!

@Fletch I rise to the bait on occasion myself but I do my best to try not to because there really isn't much point trying to debate a point with a person who is so immature that they cannot even consider a point of view that is different from their own.

One of the wonderful reasons I am not on FB.

One very wise fellow!

Fear and dislike of the "other,and the unknown is definitely fuel for fire but greed often builds the fire.

I often find that the greedy are very adept at feeding the fire in order to play both sides off against each other and make a tidy profit in the bargain. There's a word for those sorts of people, pond scum.

I agree with that fully. People that do not tried to convince me to hate my ex when we split up. The idea would be to once again get me back too racist beliefs. I had to be as they are, but I refused.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619978
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.