Agnostic.com

6 5

The definition of brave (or stupid?): letting your 16 year old granddaughter cut your hair 😬 She wants to go to school for this, and she cut her own hair and her sister's and they were ok, so... why not? I'll comment with a picture of the finished product tomorrow.

JonnaBononna 7 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Been cutting my own for 4 decades or longer, with the help of a hand mirror, wall mirror, and K-9 clippers.
She is a lucky girl to inspire such faith!

My youngest does her own too- days she refuses to pay someone to do something she can do herself. I'm that way with some things- I've fixed lawn mowers, dryers, even a van I had. I ain't skeered!

@JonnaBononna if somebody (or some machine) put it together, I am confident I can dis-assemble & reassemble it! But not vehicles...no garage, gravel driveway (aka the Instant graveyard of dropped parts)

The completed "do"

Good for you

One of the doctors at work has his 11yo cutting his hair since the beginning of the pandemic. She "YouTubed how" and does a pretty good job.

Brave and supportive! Hopefully she wanted a good outcome too, so it was a loving gesture to trust in her skills, adding to her confidence and self esteem with her dream.

That was my exact thought process! You should have seen the smile and excitement when I asked her if she'd cut it for me!

@JonnaBononna Would be an easy decision for me, since I have lots of length to spare and I only need a straight line cut, but your style looks more challenging. Kudos to you both!

@Julie808 she just did a straight line cut for me, but she was meticulous in how she did it! Mom's been nervous that she wants this rather than traditional college, but I think she'll be amazing.

Not to worry...it grows back and you can always wear a bandana😂

I told her if she messed it up too bad, shaving my head is on my bucket list lol. It was fine though, as I knew it would be- she cut her hair and it's even.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620038
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.