Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK Ex-Cardinal McCarrick, 91, pleads not guilty to sex assault

DEDHAM, Mass. ✈ — Former Roman Catholic Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, the once-powerful American prelate who was expelled from the priesthood for sexual abuse, pleaded not guilty Friday to sexually assaulting a 16-year-old boy during a wedding reception in Massachusetts nearly 50 years ago.

McCarrick, 91, wore a mask and entered suburban Boston’s Dedham District Court hunched over a walker. “Shame on you!” a protester shouted.

He did not speak during the hearing, at which the court entered a not guilty plea on his behalf, set bail at $5,000, and ordered him to stay away from the victim and have no contact with minors.

McCarrick is the only U.S. Catholic cardinal, current or former, to ever be criminally charged with child sex crimes.

snytiger6 9 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So he pleads Not Guilt via the court.
If a Catholic Priest were to tell me that the Sun was shining I'd need to immediately check for myself, No-one, imo, can tell if one those scum- bags is lying or not.

at 01 I doubt it was a first time ....first time caught maybe

He might drop dead before trail ends. Which will save a lot of people some time.

Yeah, okay, it was only that once.......Fer sure.

I hope this lawsuit breaks his diocese he was a priest for when he raped the teenager.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620145
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.