Agnostic.com

2 3

TexASS Business and Texass. Again AButt is full of shit. My point of view is it’s too early to tell.
[npr.org]

JackPedigo 9 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There certainly was not the quick reaction like we saw in Georgia over the enactment of the restrictive voting laws. I get the reasons but also remember it is primarily men who head the corporations, sport teams and the related hoopla around them that are not gonna make a stand on this. They would if enough people stopped paying attention to sports or opening their pocket books when shoping.
Hell, I was NOT happy to discover Dell is based in Texass, my new (2 years old is new for me) computer is a Dell. 😟
Just have to see how it plays out.

I think the voting situation affects men as well as women hence the quick reaction. Also, this one is still new and, as of yet, no lawsuits have been brought. Also, a ton of people and organizations have geared up to fight this.draconian ruling.

Texas offers so many financial incentives to bring business to their state, it makes it easy for corporations to let greed overcome morals. Texas does this by spending minimally on human support systems, infrastructure (as was shown during their cold snap last winter) or hurricane preparedness. I wouldn’t go to Texas if they were handing out $10,000 checks to anyone coming to live there.

But still there is a bottom line and when people no longer want to use a business because it supports a a states bad policy it can affect that business. This was mentioned in the talk.

@JackPedigo if ENOGH people turn away from a business that it affects their bottom line certainly.

@Barnie2years I think enough people contacted corporate at Toyota about no longer buying one of thier vehicles they did isssue a statement saying they would not support gop candidates.
I am thinking I'll call Dell and let them know I am done buying Dell products because they have not spoken out against this dragonian law.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620957
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.