Agnostic.com

2 6

LINK Ex-Georgia Prosecutor Facing Charges for Trying to Protect Ahmaud Arbery's Killers Is Booked into Jail

The former Georgia prosecutor indicted on misconduct charges for using her position to help the men charged in Ahmaud Arbery’s death was booked into jail on Wednesday, Sept. 8, then released.

Former Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney Jackie Johnson was released on her own recognizance and did not have to pay bond after her turning herself in to the Glynn County jail in the morning.

Johnson, 49, was indicted by a Glynn County grand jury on Sept. 2 on a felony count of violating her oath of office and on a misdemeanor count of hindering a law enforcement office.

snytiger6 9 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

IMHO, certain professions should face tougher sentences. Prosecutors are definitely ones I would put into that. I also put my old profession of teacher there as well. This would only be for crimes directly related to the jobs.

She needs prison time, it's frightening how close this murder came to being swept under the rug. This is what hate crimes enhancements are for.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:621851
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.