Agnostic.com

7 5

Well, last week my Washing machine died, I bought it 16 years ago at a Garage (Yard) Sale because I needed one urgently and money was too short in supply to afford a new one.
That Twin Tub survived well until last Tuesday when a bearing seized mid-washing and smoke began to rise from the machine.
Now with me no longer smoking ciggies, I decided to buy a new one.
Shopped at a Store called Harvey -Norman, the White and Electrical Goods Monoply here btw, and got a deal on a Tisira Twin Tub, 540.00 dollars plus 20.00 dollars delivery.
It arrived last Friday so I gave it a test run on Friday with the laundry that killed (LOL) the old machine.
Stone the Crows, a bloke almost needs N.S.A. Astronaut Training and 3 Interpreters just to operAte the darned thing, but BOY does it do a far better job than the old one ever did.
Yesterday I decided to try it out since it states in the Instructions it takes a 8 kg load with ease.
So in went 3 Queen size Bed sheets, 2 Pillow slips and a cotton Sofa cover, the old machine would've been struggling with half of that load, NO probs with this one though.
Washed easily, spun dry easy as pie and dried on the Clothesline in under an hour.

Triphid 9 Sep 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

our repair guy said machines now only last 3 to 5 yrs
he suggested buy the extended warrantee

Sorry for your loss.

Congrats on the new addition to your home. 🙂

Thanks, though the delivery was not an easy one, it was due to arrive on the Thursday, but the Store Staff screwed things up BIG time, didn't arrive on the Friday so I sent an e-mail to the Head Office of the Company informing them of how I was feeling, pissed off to say the very least considering i HAD ALREADY paid for in FULL btw) but about 9.20 am on Saturday it arrived accompanied by a few earnest apologies from the Delivery Personnel.

The Maytag in my basement arrived there 30+ years ago after being in my in-laws basement for about 20 years in Massachusetts. Not one service call, ever.

Yeah the same with the old one, a Toshiba, the people I bought it from bought it back in 1987 according to the instructions book, they had written the purchase date in the book.

Sorry, I don’t know what a “twin tub” washer is? Mine have always only had one tub.

Twi Tub = 1 tub used for the actual washing of the clothes, etc, PLUS the other being a centrifugal spinner basket in the second tub that spi8ns the soapy water out of the washed articles and then also rinses them by you letting clean water into via the in-built rinsing system.

@Triphid okay! Mine does all that in the same tub. I’ve never seen a two tub washer. I’ve had my washer for close to thirty years. Just replaced my dryer then found out the problem I was having was in the electrical box. The thirty year old dryer was probably fine.

Sounds like your all washed up, Triphid. No, wait, let me rephrase that.....

Was washed up when the old one kicked the bucket, now with this one it takes half the time, so I found out now, to do the job.

Yep, I love the new one, it gets everything a whole lot cleaner that the old one ever did.

Congrats...

Thank you, still trying to figure out its gender at present though.
Old Aussie Outback saying, etc, around here, IF it works hard and give no trouble then it is a Male, IF it gives you a hard time and only works during daylight its female....LOL.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:622082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.