Agnostic.com

5 1

Franklin vs Biden vs Turdeau vs Hitler

PBuck0145 7 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are at this crap again? Have you no ency, no shame????????

Shame??? What's that? (This is a conservative you're dealing with. Same for decency.) If, somehow, he isn't a Putin stooge, he is underpaid.

@racocn8 Incorrect. I am a classical liberal. The regressive left dismisses classical liberals as "right-wing", so as to avoid dealing with legitimate liberal issues.

“Without context words and actions have no meaning at all.”
— Gregory Bateson, Mind and Nature

Or conversely can have any meaning you want them to have.

The deliberate confusion of contextual meanings of words has two names
"Equivocation"
and
"Intellectual dishonesty"

For example
Mr Franklin is speaking of freedom to self governance In context
Mr Biden is speaking of freedom from death by preventable disease in context

@PBuck0 thinks (using the term loosely, I y'am) that these are impressive & enlightening........

Your godlike power to know what I think is impressive. Kudos!

@PBuck0145 it isn't hard to notice......and your belief in "godlike powers" is soooooo charming, especially on this site........

It's just cut and paste. Certainly no thought is involved. He just likes the colors...

I assume you don't ever wear a seatbelt while driving.

I assume you ignore speed limits and traffic signs.

I assume you are against restaurant workers being required to wash their hands.

I assume you are against any bans on smoking cigarettes in public.

There are laws in place that help ensure safety. Are you protesting any of these things I've listed because they take away people's rights to do as you please?

I assume you are against any laws restricting firearms too. I bet you're against laws requiring doctors to have a license issued by the government. Maybe requiring people to have a driver's license to operate a automobile should be done away with so that no ones freedom to drive is taken away.

Or are you some sort of Hitler who thinks certain things should be regulated and require a license and that there should be limits on what people can do and where they can do certain things?

Keep flaunting your ignorant ASSumptions.

@PBuck0145 he is ignorant ? What’s your answers ?

And that's why we have Godwin's Law.

Usually it takes several days into a thread for the comparison to be made and here we have it in the OP itself.

Often the comparison is blatantly valid, as in this case.

@PBuck0145 Because a founding father said something doesn’t make it sacrosanct. And I see no aptness bringing Hitler into the mix. That’s blatant visceral appeal to emotion. Hitler rounded people up and put them in concentration camps then gas chambers based on ethnicity. Nobody is doing that here. Full stop. Any death is due to people increasing their own odds by vaccine refusal.

I recall the ridiculous scaremongering about Obama, such as rounding up people to put them in FEMA camps. How did that work out?

The freedom vs safety trope wasn’t much of a concern for the right when it came to the War on Terror and Patriot Act. That was a matter of civil liberties though and not Hitler unveiling a campaign of extermination.

I don't know how things are in Australia but here in the U.S. conservatives love to spout on and on about rights and freedom yet they have no qualms whatsoever about stepping all over the rights of others. As always with conservatives it's all hypocrisy.

@Scott321 Of course you are entitled to express your partisan opinion.
The differences you cite pertain to degree, not kind.
The analogue remains valid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:622809
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.