Agnostic.com

2 7

LINK Colorado's Polis marries longtime partner in first same-sex marriage for a sitting governor

Well its about time they made it legal.
Sheesh. 18 years living in sin by not being married. What has the country become tolerating all of this cart before horse...shit. Congratulations to Colorado! Making history again. I hope marriage doesn't spoil what you have. Blessings.

Mooolah 8 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hear CO has more than its share of religious crazies, but it's nice to hear that it's now way more progressive than Iowa, which has had gay marriage way before most states, but it only happened thru a state Supreme Court decision that really cost some of the ones who voted for it. Since then, it's been a very red state. We have yet to elect a queer person to statewide office, tho I have heard that one longtime statewide elected official is gay and in the closet, obviously for good reason. An appointed gay man who used to be Labor Commissioner was removed by a Repub governor for that and other reasons. It led to a lawsuit that went on for several years and the SC here finally ruled in favor of the governor. So that settles the ? of whether it's safe to be openly gay in statewide office here.

It's a big state, so it all depends on where one resides. The West slope is rife with loonies. The East slope or front range will soon be a megalopolis with Denver, south to Colorado Springs where one of the most foremost surgeons for trans folks is practicing. (She is trans herself. ) Colorado Springs will eventually meet up with economically depressed Pueblo. Mostly Hispanic. When I was last in Colorado, the West slope had areas where recall petitions for Polis were available for. He is however very popular . It is one of the fastest growing states for many reasons.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:622951
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.