Agnostic.com

12 10

On Agnostic: Pay It Forward. Will you accept my challenge?

Christmas doesn't mean much to me, but I do like having a season of giving. (Well, kindness in any season is good!)

Anyway, I was wondering if you would accept a site challenge. A game of kindness. I have SO many people on here that I could sincerely compliment. In fact, a post from @Kreig made me think of it...

So, what do you think about this proposal... I would like to give out 3 sincere compliments. (Not hard for me to do at all- I could do so many more). On their profile page, not a post. And, I'm not talking about "Here is a compliment I'm trying to get to 50 words." You know, keep it real. ; )

And, if you receive one- will you send out 3 more sincere compliments? And so on and so forth?

If you get a compliment and don't want to partake, I don't want there to be pressure or obligation. Just, if you feel inspired, pay it forward.

What do you think of this game for the season?

silvereyes 8 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

silvereyes I would like to participate but am having a problem. I did see one (3) compliment but don't know the format. Is it just a comment or does it go through the compliment section and how does one access it? One compliment I want to make is to women (such as yourself) who live in "hostile" areas yet participate. One, Chrisma, is from Tunisia and that takes some bravery but one was from Iraq. I replied to one of her comments on Vegetarianism/Vegan but don't remember her name. I cannot find any mention of her or my reply. She seems to have disappeared.

@silvereyes yes and no. I wanted to compliment Chrisma, you and the woman from Iraq for being so gutsy (and the 2 in Moslem countries -brave) while living in 'hostile' places (OK can be 'hostile'. I can no longer find the woman from Iraq

@silvereyes BTW (I thought the military was bad with acronyms) thank you for motivating me to change my photo

Oh boy. "Pay it forward"? I thought this was a site for non-believers. What are you expecting in your particular "forward"? P-lease.

Sounds nice

Sounds great!

I'm in!

Great idea! I'm definitely game for this. But for those who receive compliments who haven't happened to see this post, what would be the best way to suggest the continuation of the phenomenon? Something like #payitforward #3compliments? Or use Admin's way of referring back to this question ...? (Every post has a number assigned to it) Or send a PM to your complimentees. I'm sure you'll think of something efficient that won't clutter up the compliments. These are just a few thoughts.

I’ll do thAt, but I’m curmudgeonly at best, I doubt I’d get anything in return.

You're a pretty cool lady , Silvereyes. !

Beautiful! I love it!

Intriguing. I mean, my compliments could use some work, so maybe this is a chance to practise.

I like it. Screw it, I'll do it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6231
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.