Agnostic.com

1 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trudeau's Liberal Party actually gained 3 more seats and it does give a clearer mandate compared to the claims that the Conservative Party have been trying to talk up, that Trudeau no longer has the confidence of Canadians. I voted Liberal for the first time in my life, in this election.

They gained 3 seat? Liberal Party lost the popular vote to Conservative Party. By a lot. 34.1% to 31.8%. It doesn't mean anything as far as the outcome but it doesn't make for a "Clear Mandate" either. That being said, if I were a Canadian citizen, I'd have voted Liberal Party as well.

@barjoe Things are a little different in a country with 6 parties running for office.

@SnowyOwl They are. Still the statistic is not meaningless. What party did you vote before?

@barjoe Statistically the US Senate has an equal number of Republican Senators but they represent 12.5% less of the US voters, so that is even more significant a divide.
I am politically conservative/libertarian and yet I still managed to vote Liberal for the first time in my life because it was the right thing to do considering how botched the conservative response to the virus has been with anti-vaxxer protests and conservative premiers flaunting covid protocols and this has lead to massive outbreaks in their provinces.

@SnowyOwl Yes the USA has inequity. So you voted Conservative in the past.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623674
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.