Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Stocks sink as debt ceiling standoff, global threats spook Wall Street | TheHill

This is poor timing for McConnel to refuse to raise the debt ceiling. Last time republicans did this under Obama, the credit rating of the U.S. government was lowered. With current market instability, this time republicans may cause a crash in the economy and markets.

snytiger6 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Didn't those bone heads do that when Bush Jr. was in office?

I thought it was when Obama was president.

@snytiger6 I think I might been thinking of the big stock market crash when I posted that comment. Since, the crash happened in Dec. of 2007, which Bush Jr. was in office.

@freedom41 I thought the crash started around late Aug, or early Dec in the 2008 election cycle. I seem to remember Thom Hartmann talking about how the Bush people tried to delay the crash until after the election, but they just couldn't keep things going.

I lost $10/share. I think it was panic and will climb, again, after debt bill is taken care of.

With a Democrat in the president’s office, they would love that. Crashed economy as the midterms approach and an electorate too addicted to Fox News to know who really caused it? That would be right up there alley. Sink the ship so the rats could take over as it’s going down.

It could very easily backfire on them if they tried it.

@snytiger6 one would hope, but as a country a large percentage have no grasp of facts and reality.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623774
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.