Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Employers Are Baffled as U.S. Benefits End and Jobs Go Begging

Emergency unemployment benefits in the U.S. expired two weeks ago, but employers who expected an increase in job applications are still largely waiting for them to roll in.

(It appears that they were wrong about why they couldn't fill jobs with sucky pay)

snytiger6 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think once you find out how much money you can save by staying home (gas, child care,fast food, fancier clothes, plus TIME & etc) you try Much harder to make your time a priority. NOBODY needs a $700 phone, IMO, for just one example

I have an expensive phone (Galaxy 10+), but that is because I am partially blind and wanted great accessibility features. On reflection I could have probably spent less.

@snytiger6 my $75 burner TracPhone (no dead spots, ever, it parasites onto Any tower) from Walmart, no contract, no fees, unlimited talk & text for $149 for 2 years, keep your old phone number, GPS etc etc etc does the Exact Same Things, All of them, that my brother's $900++ phone does.(including voice commands/input).
He tried hard to prove otherwise......

@AnneWimsey I'm on my sister's phone plan. She gets 4 lines for $100 a month with unlimited calls and texts (through Cricket).

People found other ways to survive that are better than chain gang mentality jobs that pay scraps.

Gosh, it turns out ending benefits doesn't automatically mean people scramble for job applications. Maybe motivations are more complex than just money.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623775
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.