Agnostic.com

6 26

Two hikes in two days.

Yesterday Karen and I climbed up Mission Ridge Ski Area. The full moon was gorgeous as it set. Fall colors were beginning. We hiked over three miles straight up, ate lunch and descended steeply.

Today we took Charlie on a six-and-a-half mile hike in our beloved Squilchuck State Park. Karen and I hiked with Charlie once before.

Next week, Karen and I plan to hike to the summit of Mission Ridge Ski Area: a leg-builder.

Photos- both hikes are in the mountains close to town.

1. Full moon sets, Mission Ridge Ski Area. When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore! Taken with Karen's I-phone.

2. Fall colors begin, Mission Ridge Ski Area. Taken with Karen's I-phone.

3. Mountain ridges from Squilchuck State Park, lower elevation than Mission Ridge. Taken with my Sony digital camera.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great pics!

Sounds really great! I'm envious of your physical condition.

@mischl

Thanks. Use it or lose it!

At 68, it helps that I'm slender. No hip, knee or foot problems.

@LiterateHiker I just took a look at your photos. WOW! You are a helluva package for some lucky guy, Kathleen. But he too has to be way above average. Good hunting!

@mischl

Thanks. I'm giving up on online dating.

Most older men want a woman to wait on them. To do all the meal planning, cooking, cleaning and laundry. Forget it. This is not the 1950s.

@LiterateHiker I've tried it a few times, always a waste of time. One thing that worked was: Thinking about the kind of woman I wanted, and then going to a place where that woman might be. In the most recent case (11 years ago), I went to a yoga class.

Nic pics of the area.

Nice pics as usual. Let me ask you what temps you have there in early morning. When I got up in mid Missouri today it was 45 degrees. I think colder temps are moving in too quickly.

@DenoPenno

Good question.

Morning temperature was 45 degrees in the mountains. Today's high was 80 degrees in town and 10 degrees cooler in the mountains.

Very picturesque.

Beautiful shots

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 23, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624217
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.