Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK Myanmar’s extreme Buddhist nationalists - Atheist News Network

I once dated a guy who said his parents were Buddhist extremists. Although he actually referred to them as "Born Again Buddhists".

I always envisioned his parents screaming "You are going to reach enlightenment if I have to beat it into you."

snytiger6 9 Sep 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hear many times, Buddhist are pacifist. I am not sure why when many people, the same people, associate Buddhist monks and martial arts. Buddhist striving for Enlightenment need to be self-aware and self-defense is not eliminated from being self-aware or enlightenment.

A religion like Islam that has utilized convert or die should be scrutinized.. The Rohingya Muslims have been killing Buddhist since 2011.
Why not stand up against those who would have you and your beliefs eradicated?

True Buddhism and hardline Dont sync

I don’t think of Buddhism as a religion. More of a philosophy like taoism

Extremists exist in all religions. I'll bet some Flying Spaghetti Monster folks would kill over the sacrilege of broccoli wheat flour.

Extremists of any organization are a threat to civility.

Sounds like the taliban.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624884
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.