Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK U.S. Won't Be Investigated for Claims of Torture, Mistreatment in Afghanistan, ICC Says

I was wondering why Biden was so willing to get the US out of Afghanistan.

Maybe this is why? 🤔

#hmmm

SeaGreenEyez 9 Sep 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nor should we be. While Obama’s efforts were misguided by hope the fact is that we went into it because Taliban committed an act of war but we tried to leave something stable. O made some questionable bets on that stability but hopefully the attempt helped.
We rescued them from the 2001 Taliban, talk about torture, and hopefully this is a softer version today

@SeaGreenEyez Taliban were permitting al-Queda to reside and train within Afghanistan. That made Taliban complicit.

@SeaGreenEyez Then I stand entirely corrected and Jr41/Dick should all the more be tried for lying us into Afghanistan as well as Iraq. Obama still tried to impart stability before leaving and that was a worthwhile attempt, in my view, which didn't work. Instead, many Democrats are angry with Obama for not leaving and seem to have forgiven Jr41. This wonderful news releases d$A from needing to treat Taliban as terrorists so we can deal with them as a respectable govt. I don't think humans are going to be around long enough to matter.

@rainmanjr, the Taliban had offered to capture and hand over Bin Laden. Bush wanted to invade Afghanistan and turned down the offer.

I’m not saying that at least one of the reasons had nothing to do with fighting terrorism, but at the time we invaded the Taliban had almost completely wiped out the opium poppies. I saw an article recently in which a US soldier claimed to have been assigned the duty of guarding poppy fields.

@mcgeo52 And so the new stories inform us of our past. I no longer know what happened and it doesn't matter, because time exists only in the moment, and we are left to clean up the mess before sleeping. Sleep is coming fast, though, and may overtake us before the sweeping is done.

War is not a John Wayne movie. It is nasty and horrible. To kill people you don't know you have to de-humanize them. Once you do that, you can do anything to them. We have tortured people in every war we have ever been in.

We do it, we just do not get caught as it would be shameful. Nothing noted noting seen.

Come on, We don't Torture people.. We hire others to do it..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624934
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.