Agnostic.com

8 13

"Distance can never be a barrier," a man wrote. Eye roll.

This guy lives in California. His last message:

"Please i want you to know that distance can never be a barrier in creating of friendship with times goes on we can meet each other if things goes well."

"I also want you to know that i can travel beyond just to meet with the one i will be willing to spend the rest of my life with."

My reply shut him up:

What's your plan? You'll fly to Wenatchee, WA every two weeks to get to know each other?

In case you forgot, there is a global pandemic killing people. Delta variant is extremely contagious and more deadly. I have not kissed a man since January 2021. It's not safe.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've had long distance relationships. They can work.

Well popping over to meet you is cheaper than I thought. A mere £1500 excluding hotel costs, and food, insurance, nice things.....
I takes about two days, so I'd need a shower and a realignment of my body clock, and get a razor...
If you don't mind, I'll give it a miss for a while....
Hahaha.
My point being, distance is a barrier. I'm pretty sure that I'm not in love with you, nor you with me, but if we were, it isn't as if we are in the country.
Drawing closer on your situation, and assuming the gentleman is suitable for you, consider the life baggage you both have? Houses, friends, work, pets and connections.

Numbscul he is.

For me, distance IS a deal breaker. People my age do not just up and move, and moving is a gigantic hassle as I know from experience. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded or horribly naive. Neither is acceptable in a future partner.

Talk about Mr Pushy! Your reply to him is delicious. 🙂

@anglophone

Thank you.

You attractive people certainly do have different experiences from the rest of us.

That's also scammer talk

@bobwjr

Agreed. He sounds like a scammer. I will report and block him.

I would agree that Wenatchee, WA is one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.