Agnostic.com

2 3

my comments:

1. Colin Kaepernick was, and is, right to protest, somehow.
  2. There are a lot of law enforcement personnel on a discussion board I used to monitor, and many of them unfortunately fit the stereotype of living in denial of there being severe problem out there of police misuse of violence. This denial runs deep and involves all manner of statistics, sophistry, etc..... on and on. But the numbers are not lying. There is a problem.

More than 17,000 deaths caused by police have been misclassified since 1980
October 1, 20212:51 PM ET
[npr.org]

kmaz 7 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Watch the 2019 movie "The Killing of Kenneth Chamberlain."

Well stated! But we should not be surprised by this, right? I mean, when in history were the oppressors and those in a position of power the first ones to recognize how oppressive their actions were? It is always the oppressed and the powerless who are forced to raise the awareness of the problem and fight against the inertia of inaction so that these voices may be heard. Am I right?

The truth of the matter, more often than not, comes from those who have been victims of abject power. Before we had the videotapes, how many more Rodney Kings, Philando Castilles and George Floyds were there? A line can be traced from slavery to racial profiling and discrimination, even at the hands of the police, and it just goes on and on. Sometimes the least self-critical human being is a cop.

It's very hard to buck the trend from the inside, as well.

@Paul4747 It always has. Remember Frank Serpico? The thin blue line is not that thin! Some cops live by a code where loyalty is more important than truth and justice.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625732
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.