Agnostic.com

6 6

I got put in fb jail for using a euphemism. There was a post about Mike Lindell bawl-bagging about his sales and that TFG will be reinstated this month. I commented that "his trump ties will hang him." Suddenly Zuckyboi's algorithm thought I wanted to lynch Lindell. πŸ™„ No, hun. Lindell is doing a fine job on his own. I appealed but they upheld my 3-day ban. They banned trump, but Suddenly are on his side? Talk about buttering your bread on both sides.

Notlost 6 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry about your FB jail time. I'm on that site as well and they decided to ban me from marketplace, possibly even permanently. Facebook AI decided I was "trying to sell domain names and also become a car dealer." This came about because I got into developer tools which they said was forbidden. What a setup. My involvement in marketplace was mostly to check on local yard sales.

The current trend on Facebook is to generate controversy to keep everyone talking, but you do it without "hate speech." This means Lindell's actions cannot hang him but would maybe "do him in." I'm also finding a valid news feed now where they want likes and thumbs, and my feed now shows me ads that they have determined I might buy something from. I ignore them completely and have told them many times to stop showing me things I look at. I know what I look at and do not have to be shown again. This also happens in my e-mail and I click them as spam immediately.

Now just imagine in the AI future, government by algorithms!

No one should have a Facebook account...

@JeffMurray The more who realize this the better off the world will be. I never had a Facebook account. What was it Zuck did at Harvard that got him in hot water? Shouldn’t that have been a clue?

[thecrimson.com]

November 19, 2003

β€œMark E. Zuckerberg ’06 said he was accused of breaching security, violating copyrights and violating individual privacy by creating the website, www.facemash.com, about two weeks ago.”

[…]

β€œHe said he was notified on Nov. 3 that his case would appear before the Ad Board, the day after he decided to take the site down, partly due to sharp criticism of the site’s use of ID photos and ranking students according to attractiveness.

Comments on the e-mail lists of both Fuerza Latina and the Association of Harvard Black Women blasted the site.

β€œI heard from a friend and I was kind of outraged. I thought people should be aware,” said Fuerza Latina President Leyla R. Bravo ’05, who forwarded the link over her group’s list-serve.”

[…]

β€œThe site was created entirely by Zuckerberg over the last week in October, after a friend gave him the idea. The website used photos compiled from the online facebooks of nine Houses, placing two next to each other at a time and asking users to choose the β€œhotter” person.”

[…]

β€œZuckerberg hacked into House websites to gather the photos, and then wrote the codes to compute rankings after every vote.”

Yeah f-ck Facebook and their creepy founder. Never trusted that nonsense.

And ironymeters exploded worldwide nearly a decade ago:

[forbes.com]

[theguardian.com]

β€œWhen Facebook shares something about you that you thought was private, it's your fault because you screwed up the privacy settings. But when Facebook shares something about the founder's sister – well, it's still your fault, because "it's not about privacy settings, it's about human decency".

That double standard surfaced when Randi Zuckerberg, the sister of Mark Zuckerberg and a former Facebook executive, posted a candid family photo that proceeded to take on an internet life of its own. The picture popped up in the news feed of Callie Schweitzer of Vox Media. She tweeted it. It went viral.”

This should only happen to the little people.

"When something is free, you are the product."

I don't have any social media accounts since 2011. At one time, I had 30 personal and business accounts and ran good size ad campaigns there.

I'm doing time again as I type. It's healthy for me to get away from it a few times a year. This time I got "nailed" for politely calling someone "stupid."

If you're a common person, they'll get you for just about anything sounding like death. They pulled up a post I made more than a year ago about a tent that floats, and I flippantly said, "A floating tent sleeps four and offers a cool new way to die while camping." That got me three days and links to information on suicide. The last few warnings I've received haven't even given the option to appeal.

FB’s algorithms don’t recognize metaphors. Choose yours more carefully.

Which is why I appealed, but I don't think a real human ever saw it.

@Notlost It's not okay because it's us. We're not serious about it. If a gQp said this about, say Bozos, the Whole Foods crowd would go mad. Seriously. Both sides are in a delicate position here in Peyton Place.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625866
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.