Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Biden on track to beat Trump's record for fewest resettled refugees | TheHill

While I'm no Biden fan, and an outed Justice Democrat, our borders are a damn nightmare. Political affiliation aside. We need to get honest about the present state of this country. 😣

I don't know what the answer is, but until COVID is at least somewhat controlled (700,000 deaths in a year and half is not even close to being controlled) and we make efforts to take care of our own (ie: homeless veterans, homelessness in general, elder care, mental health care, stop rampant food insecurity, etc., etc.) I see no way to citizenship for those claiming to seek asylum or simply wishing to change their Nation of residence. It's not feasible and more importantly, right now, it's not healthy for the migrants or American citizens. There is no more room or resources. 😔😔😔

SeaGreenEyez 9 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People seeking asylum in this country have every right to do so under treaties the US is a signatory to, as well as under US law.

As you point out, with the pandemic the asylum seekers could be considered a clear and present danger. It would take less than 1% of the defense budget to quarantine, test, and properly house them.

It's not a matter of lack of resources. It's a matter of fucked up priorities.

@SeaGreenEyez, We are required by federal law, and the treaties we have signed, to accept those seeking asylum, at least until their case is heard. There is no real reason, other than politics, that we can't do that and take care of our own. It's a false dichotomy

There is Room and there are Resouses..This Is a country of Immigrants..I'm shocked that you would shut the door on those seeking asylum here..especially Central Americans as WE made life in those countries untenable on multiple occasions through direct interference in Their Governmental Affairs..usually through bloody and Brutal regimes..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626274
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.