Agnostic.com

4 12

Maybe this will explain it better

glennlab 10 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

According to the Pew Research Center,

The richest fifth of households are getting richer faster, with only the top fifth in terms of wealth having actually gained wealth since the Great Recession of 2008. The second LOWEST fifth, effectively the working poor, have lost by far the most during this same period.

The richest families are the only group to have gained wealth since the Great Recession.

[pewresearch.org]

Anyone blaming the country's economic struggles on low wage earners and the undocumented is willfully ignorant when the U.S. has an astronomical and growing disparity between the mega-rich and the rest of us, and billionaire lobbyists have bought off much of Congress.

TAX THE RICH!

This interface is really fucked up......

If the government was not taking our money, and borrowing for the next 7 generations, and giving it to the lazy and the illegals' care, enough people would get off their asses.

Be very angry at the CA laws that require migrant labor banning Americans for farm jobs.

the corporate tax rate is the lowest it's been in 70 years...but...you know.....thanks for the daily Klan memo

You realize, of course, our nation was at its most prosperous in the post-WWII era, when government spending was significant, and tax rates much more robust than they now are. But that was when radical leftist Pinkos were running the country. ...Like this Republican:
[google.com]

Top corporate rate of 90% and top private tax rate of 80%. Seems even Joseph McCarthy's party realized the American dream of entrepreneurship has parameters.
The answer to national fiscal challenges is to invest wisely in the public good AND tax adequately. The current club claiming the GOP name has abandoned both parts and isn't even bothering to promote clear governing policy. No, they are purely about claiming power at any cost and slashing and burning democracy as they go.

Funniest thing about your comments is that the truly lazy people are those wealthy heirs whose money does all the hard work for them.

There is a labor shortage in high risk jobs. PA still has $7.25 minimum wage. I know a restaurant is offering $17/hr for a dishwasher and they can't get legal workers to take the job. This owner won't hire undocumented workers because it's illegal. He could get an immigrant to do it for $10.

I had a part time job washing dishes in 1974, it paid $14/hr, so 40 years later and it is only $17, it seems like that is a bit low. One thing that the shut down showed was that there were better jobs than the service industry that paid better. The only labor shortage right now is for lower paying jobs,

@glennlab I find that hard to believe in 1974. In fact I call bullshit. Where was that?

@barjoe Spokane Wa, Buckhorn Inn.

@glennlab I had runner job $6/hr in 1975 and In was making more than all my friends. You must've been fucking somebody.

@barjoe My union retail clerk job that I had prior to that paid $12 in 1974, I worked at the worlds fairfor that. apparently you were the one getting fucked. The area was highly unionized and everyone paid the prevailing wage or higher to keep the union out. The Buckhorn was a higher end place at the time

@glennlab Minimum wage in Washington State 1974 was $1.80/hr. Nobody can afford to pay dishwashers $20/hr. High end places often pay less. Union scale was not that high 50 years ago.

@barjoe I just going to reply like you did to me BULLSHIT

@glennlab Everything I said was fact.

My first job with a W-4 at age 15 paid $5.15/hr. Bakery dishwasher. Small town in western Washington, an hour from Seattle. Minimum wage in Louisiana all through my mid-to-late 1980s college years was $4.25, and I earned that lofty sum in my college work study job as an airport Customs interpreter for German travelors. Minimum wage sucked then, when my rent was $300/mo. It is even worse now, at $7.25 with rents hard to find below $800/mo. I am long since departed from the minimum wage boat, but tons of workers are not.

"Capital, labor, management. Which is the most important ? "

. . . when Benjamin Franklin was asked that question, he replied -- "Which is the most important leg of a three-legged chair" 🙂

As long as they all share equally in support, they are all equally important, but if one is neglected then you have a useless stool.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.