Agnostic.com

9 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The whole rotten edifice that is the Catholic Church needs to be torn down.

The clergy must be very busy sexually abusing to have abused so many.

The Catholic Church is the same all around the world, however these atrocities do not only happen in the Catholic Church.

Well there's a fucking surprise...

Atrocious behavior and repulsive

I hope this makes the church bleed money. The church needs to turn the info over to the police so the ones that can be jailed get what's coming to them.

These are sick individuals who should be only in jail and no where else.

I have good family and friends who support the Catholic church. I'm not going to be the one to tell them that their yearly tithe supports child molestation law suits.

Why not?

@Jolanta They're actually good people. No need to get into it with them. Fought with crazy uncle about immigrants for awhile. It sucked. Best to not talk about it.

@UrsiMajor Yes, it can be difficult, especially as they are ones network, however one doesn't have to "fight". I have friends and family who are religious but we can discuss things in a civilised manner and have different opinions but maybe that is because the are not Americans who don't seem to be able to do that. Maybe that was a bit harsh of me to say but I have found that when I was visiting the US on several occasions if one discussed anything with others there they got very angry and aggressive if you did not agree with them.

I have a feeling that number is way too low if the period in question was over 7 decades.
Probably at least 2 million.
200,000 were willing and healed enough to talk about what happened to them.

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with you there, 200,000 over a 70 year period is wat underestimated imo.
Particular since the country of France has been Catholic ruled since circa the 12 century C.E.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626358
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.