Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Illinois bans contracts with companies that pay disabled workers below minimum wage | TheHill

Illinois will not allow state agencies to hold contracts with vendors that pay people with disabilities less than minimum wage.

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker 🍸 signed an executive order to make the change on Monday in an effort to increase equity in the workplace for people with disabilities, according to a press release.

snytiger6 9 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You mean, like Goodwill?

I don't think Goodwill has government contracts, but if they did, then yeah, they'd be banned.

Fortunately for me as a computer engineer I could keep working for 20 years with my MS.
But I have first hand experience that disabilities don't stop you from being productive -- you have to modify your daily procedures.

This is good news.

Good for my state for doing the right thing for all people living in it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626642
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.