Agnostic.com

6 15

Making a new short, stretchy dress with long sleeves.

Love this fabric! Before cutting, I lay out stretchy fabric and let it relax overnight. This makes a big difference.

It will be short like this dress I made four years ago. Am using the same dress pattern. The new fabric is softer.

Added an inch to the sleeves for my long arms. Cut armholes a half-inch deeper. Don't you hate it when clothes pinch your armpits?

Will have a friend pin up the hem.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Robert_2001, @Lauren, @starwatcher-al, @HippieChick58, @Mitch07102, @Unity, @OldMetalHead, @CuddyCruiser, @Paddypereira, @RichCC, @Redheadedgammy, @JonnaBonna, @Larimar, @MrDragon, @Corvislover, @anglophone, @Paracosm, @Organist1, @Gwendolyn2018, @Paul4747, @Mischl

Have you ever pressed on with a fever?

Two days ago, I felt delighted to get my COVID-19 Pfizer booster shot. That night, I shivered and sweated. Yesterday, my temperature was four degrees above normal.

Felt achy, woozy and tired, a typical side effect. Shows a strong immune system response.

Massively slowed down, I sewed the neckline. Gone was my usual impatience. It was easy to set in the sleeves. Overwhelmed by sleep, I took short naps. Back to the dress.

Last night, my fever broke. All I have left to do is hem the sleeves and bottom. And wash the sheets.

Looking at the dress, it feels like a dream. Fever dress.

I know a few people who had a reaction to the booster shot but not the first two except a sore arm.
carry on young lady.

Don't forget a place for the dime!

Don't you hate it when clothes pinch your armpits?

Why, yes. Yes I do.

I had a serger for about 30 years, loved that machine, and I made clothing for me and my girls, and I even made a red vest for my ex for Xmas. As the girls grew older they were "less appreciative" of my talents and the clothing I produced. I hadn't used my serger in a couple years and took it in for cleaning, and it was pretty much dead. For the last 10 or so years I've done mostly home dec stuff, mending, and quilts. I think about replacing the serger once in a while, and then I look at my budget and shake my head. Too many other higher priorities. My sewing machine is less than 10 years old so I'm good to go for a while.

Love the material! It will look pretty on you!

@Redheadedgammy

Thank you, dear!

@LiterateHiker It looks great on you.

@Unity

Thank you. Glad I grew out my hair. I didn't like it layered.

Are you going to model it for us?

@mischl

Sure. I will post a photo wearing the new dress.

@LiterateHiker Looking forward to seeing your handiwork.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.