Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Tesla: Elon Musk says company headquarters will move to Texas

That's just because he's a greedy pig and a right wing demogogue. Texas certainly isn't friendly to EVs. Their grid can't handle what they've got already. Californians should all boycott Tesla

barjoe 9 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The California corporate income tax rate is 8.84%, so Musk has a choice. Tesla can go to Texas and keep every dollar they earn (before federal taxes), or he can stay in California and give up the first 8.84 cents of every dollar they earn (before federal taxes).

He's making the right decision for his company and his shareholders.

The same decision is being made by corporations when they are deciding in what country they should have their corporate headquarters.

If the Democrat lunatics get their way, they will drive corporations out of the USA the same way the Democrat lunatics are driving corporations out of California.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 8, 2021

@BD66 The Democrat lunatics are the people buying his piece of shit cars. They can and should buy other EVs.

@barjoe They were the early adopters, and he not doubt had a bunch of left-leaning techies working at Tesla, but Tesla is now going mainstream. There is a dealership here in Bloomington, IL, a town so conservative that Democrats often do not even run in local elections. Now that he is in high-volume production mode, the move to Texas makes more sense. Lots of tech companies follow that path. Get started in California, then once profitable, move operations to Texas.

@BD66 Why am I not surprised you live in a ultra conservative district where Republicans run unopposed? The cheapest Tesla №3 is $40K base but basically $50K Teslas go up to $150K. Service, Initial quality and reliability is not good. Southern Illinois may have a Tesla dealership but there isn't an abundance of charging stations. Don't buy one. [taxwarriors.com] [motorbiscuit.com]

Another example of right wing brain death.

@barjoe I spent my first 18 years in conservative Central, IL, 9 years at liberal university campuses, 3 years in Santa Barbara, 11 years in liberal Silicon Valley, then 15 years back in Conservative Central, IL, so I've seen the whole spectrum.

The Model 3 goes for $38K, but IL taxpayers will soon get a $4K credit for buying an electric car, so that gets you down to the $34K range, which is competitive with internal combustion engine car.

If Tesla, or any other electric car, is a better product than internal combustion cars, I'm open to buying one. Charging stations would not be an issue. You simply plug it in to charge it at night. No more trips to gas stations.

@BD66 That may work for some people in suburban houses with driveways and garages. People in apartments or city people without off street parking can't have an EV without charging stations. EVs discharge if left sitting so if you leave an EV in long term parking at the airport, or parked on the street for a week or two, it might not start. Purchase of a Tesla no longer qualifies for subsidy. Go ahead buy one. I'm not stopping you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.