Agnostic.com

6 9

LINK David Conley Gets Life In Prison for Killing Six Kids, Two Adults

A jury in Houston on Thursday found David Conley guilty of murdering his ex-girlfriend, her husband, their five children, and his own son in series of depraved execution-style shootings in 2015. Following two days of testimony, the 54-year-old Conley was reportedly sentenced to life without the possibility of parole...

Conley did not face the death penalty because he is intellectually impaired. (Surprising for Texas which has formerly put mentally impaired persons to death.)

snytiger6 9 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think anyone who murders another person is cognitively intact.

They don't put intellectually impaired people to death, but they sometimes make them President.

I'm shocked that he did not get the death penality since he is black.

His crime was horrific but I feel the death penalty is inappropriate and we must do away with it and the only way to do that is to say none at all.

Intellectually impaired or not HE knew he was going to MURDER them, he knew enough to go fully prepared, he knew enough to know that killing someone is a CRIME, he knew that they were innocent people, behind bars for LIFE without hope of parole still means HE get to breathe, eat, sleep, walk, talk, etc, etc, even though he is behind bars BUT his victims get nothing more than a wooden box and a hole in the ground AND NO future except as food the worms, etc.
In cases like this I fully support the concept of 1 life taken = 1 life must also be given up in compensation.
And with his heinous crime, give him the needle BUT only enough to get him to brink of death, then bring him back again, do that for EVERY life he took and then give him the full dose and wipe him from this planet permanently with the final injection.

I'm only in favor of execution if the crime is monstrous and the guilt is incontrovertible. This one more than qualifies. Just as a matter of public safety, no different than putting down a rabid dog.

The death penalty might not be a deterrent but it certainly prevents repeat offenders. People get murdered in prison by lifers all the time.

The punishment fits the crime with the death penalty. It would help with the planets over population problem.

What difference does it make that he's mentally impaired? Anyone who murders eight people isn't playing with a full deck. Texas should execute him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:627046
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.