Agnostic.com

5 28

Anti-vaxxer asks why homeless people aren't 'dead in the street' and gets a funny answer.

Hollywood Blvd, Saturday, 11:22 AM:

ANTI-VAXX PROTESTER: "Do you see all of these homeless people around? Are they dead in the street with COVID? Hell no. Why?"

HOMELESS PERSON (walking by): "Because I’m vaccinated, you dumb f-ck."

[dailykos.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My MAGA sister-in-law used that same "homeless" line on me, but I was too stunned to answer. Now I realize it's become a standard "gotcha" anti-vax zinger. They think it's really clever.
She actually told me two friends of hers with cancer in remission who got the vaccine, promptly had their cancer come back with a vengeance, and died. I sent her an article containing proof that wasn't possible, but she told me to stop sending her "reporters' stories from the lamestream media.." ANYTHING contradicting their bogus misinformation is "fake news." It's unbelievable.
You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I'm still shocked and amazed. It's like a real-life 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers.'
I heard on some program that for a democracy to function, it's citizens need to have a "shared reality." I knew this, but not that there was a name for it.
Well, we don't have a "shared reality" anymore, folks, which means we no longer have a democracy.

@Gwendolyn2018 Seriously, I doubt there's ANYTHING I could say, article I could send, NOTHING, that would penetrate the force field she's erected around her fortress of lies, and so I tell myself I shouldn't care. What difference does it make? What does it really matter?
It doesn't, unless this fascist wave engulfs us all, and does permanent damage to whatever progress we HAVE made as a species. And from a purely selfish point of view, a social, political, cultural, economic (etc.) catastrophe WOULD affect me. Physically and mentally and In every other way imaginable. It could get very nasty. It already IS.
But maybe periodic upheaval is healthy. After all, it's clear things can't remain they way they are; SOMETHING'S gotta give. The divisions and contradictions have always been there, and sooner or later they have to be dealt with. The only question is, what DOES happen when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?

Burn sucka

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 10, 2021

Love it

Good one !

twill Level 7 Oct 10, 2021

Homeless does not equal stupid!

Exactly

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:627460
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.