Agnostic.com

1 4

LINK Tina Peters, Mesa County clerk, stripped of elections duties by Colorado judge - The Washington Post

A Colorado judge on Wednesday prohibited a local official who has embraced conspiracy theories from overseeing November’s election, finding she breached and neglected her duties and was “untruthful” when she brought in someone who was not a county employee to copy the hard drives of Dominion Voting Systems machines.

The effort by Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters 🌈 to ferret out supposedly hidden evidence of fraud amounted to an escalation in the attacks on the nation’s voting systems, according to experts, one in which officials who were responsible for election security allegedly took actions that undermined that security in the name of protecting it.

snytiger6 9 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First we had Kim Davis, the county clerk who famously refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, and now we have Tina Peters. These county clerks have a misguided sense of self importance! They remind me of a PTA chairwoman we once had who behaved as though she were the supreme authority over all of us parents, and knew better than we what we wanted for our children.

Tin pot dictators! You find them anywhere in jobs that no one else wants, but they have a lot of unchecked power. POA’s, local government positions, school boards etc. Once elected to office, they go full on Mussolini!

@Barnie2years Right. That is precisely why the republicans are trying to take over the government from the ground up. They are like cockroaches, and need to be stomped on ASAP.

@Organist1 sadly, it’s very hard to find Democrats to run for many local offices. They are time consuming and require organization which the church going Republicans seem to be much better at.getting a congregation to vote for a candidate is much easier than trying to go around knocking on doors, especially in suburban and rural districts.

@Barnie2years It's soooo important, though, especially now.

@Organist1 I vote in every election straight ticket Democrat. Sadly, in my area, many elected positions rarely have a Democratic challenger to vote for. I’ve considered writing in my own name, but I’m afraid I might win 😁.

@Barnie2years These days that would be a very dangerous job!

@Barnie2years Here in San Francisco there’s a history of political participation and activism that is almost in the genes. Such genes should be spread widely in this country as complacency leads to autocracy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.