Agnostic.com

8 15

LINK U.S. pastors, advocacy groups mobilize against COVID-19 vaccine mandates | Reuters

Oct 14 (Reuters) - From the outside, First Harvest Ministries in Waveland, Mississippi, could almost be mistaken for a storage shed were it not for the steeple.

From the modest building however, Shane Vaughn, the Pentecostal church's pastor, has helped spearhead an online movement promoting personal faith as a way around workplace COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

snytiger6 9 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have them here too. They will eventually become infected with the delta variant. Because the viral loading for Delta is around 1000X of the regular, they can infect those of us with the 2 shots. This pisses me mightily.

The God Mob is alive and well, for the moment. It will soon be very sick.

I hope their faith is strong enough to refuse treatment! And if they get treatment I hope my insurance company won't be paying for it!

In many comments, I have said religion will be death of us all. It seems true here. Only good thing about those people I have no sympathy for is and that there deaths will help with the over population of this planet.

Good luck for Liberty. FFRF has run into these people before and they (FFRF) have mostly ended up getting their legal fees paid by liberty. You can't win a case if you have no legal basis for suing.

There's a documentary series on Netflix called "The Family".

These opportunistic asshats will seize any opportunity to advance their agendas.
Including a global pandemic.

I am perplexed as how killing one's neighbor is Xtian. WTF

MizJ Level 8 Oct 14, 2021

Same way that Jesus dude was a capitalist who was all about the money.

They have all kinds of educational meetings on how to spread their idiocy online effectively. The Christian Nationalist are nothing if not tech savvy at this point, it is the only way they can stay in business.

I think they actually have been ahead of us in that area for quite some time.

@Lorajay A lot of the misinformation and online garbage is actually created in other countries such as Russia. Our enemies no longer need bullets, just a laptop and an internet connection. The meatheads are all too happy to share this crap.

@Lorajay before the Internet they all would set themselves up with TV channels. My Dad, who I feel leaned agnostic, donated thousands of dollars to the Schuller Crystal Cathedral and got completely sucked into the scam. Other TV evangelists used TV as their main recruiting tool, before the Internet took over.

@MizJ
Disinformation on the Internet is the only way I can understand why this anti-vax frenzy has grown into such a large tumor on the body politic. Vaccines are nothing new. I'd bet a lot of these people objecting to a Covid vaccine have had no qualms about flu or other vaccinations in the past. Why now? And in such a serious, deadly matter - 700,000 Americans dead.

Quotes from the article:
"Religious exemption requests have over years been much more rare and now we're dealing with them on a mass basis," said Kimberly Harding, an employment lawyer.

Temple University Health System in Philadelphia, which employs 10,700 people, has already received 180 religious exemption requests, a significant increase from what it usually gets for its annual flu shot requirement, said John Lasky, the system's chief human resources officer.

@MizJ What, have you got any proof about this disinformation coming from "other" countries? Especially Russian? I don't think you have any idea of what is going on in Russia at all. The press there is very restricted and so is the internet. By the way the rest of the world do not have this kind of crazy religious churches that are spreading disinformation as you have in the US, so please stop blaming
'other' countries for this.

@nicestuff The powers that be need to put a stop to this bullshit with the exemptions for religious reasons. That is all it is lies and bullshit.

Russian disinformation on vaccines:

[google.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628210
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.