Agnostic.com

7 14

Have you found a surprise in your pocket?

My friend Kathy has a fabulous garden. She's on a three-week trip to Washington D.C. "Come and take as many vegetables and fruit you want," she said. "If the cantaloupes aren't ripe, throw them out!"

Last week, I walked to her house carrying a fabric shopping bag. Weighed the bag down with three cantaloupes and a cucumber. After picking cherry tomatoes, I didn't want to squash them in the bag with the cantaloupes. So I slipped them into my jacket pocket. Then forgot about it.

"What's in my pocket?" I wondered this morning as I shrugged on the jacket. "It feels globular." It was cherry tomatoes from Kathy's garden! Gobbled them down. Delicious. Fortified, I went to the Saturday Farmer's Market.

Think I'll mosey over to Kathy's to see if more cherry tomatoes and cantaloupes are ripe. I can give some to Karen. We're going hiking tomorrow.

Did you find a surprise in your pocket? Anything startling, disgusting or exciting?

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually, it happens to me all the time. I remember this one case. I've been waiting for a bracelet from Amazon for a week. I was constantly checking the lasership tracking information on [packages24.com] about it. And then when it came, I was in a hurry, so I put it in my bag. I got home, looked for it, and I couldn't find it. I thought I had lost it and cried the whole night. Then after a week, I took the bag to school and randomly found it. I was happy and mad at the same time. I didn't look enough to find it. I've been wearing it nonstop since then.

Brodi Level 3 Nov 4, 2021

Occasionally, paper money. Always a nice surprise, and on occasion, a relief.

Yes, I've put things in pockets and forgotten them. Many times.

found a ham once.

I often find wadded up tissues in my pockets. I have seasonal allergies most of year, and try not to medicate until absolutely necessary. Always rummaging for a tissue, and frequently finding the spare wadded up in a pocket.

Okay, not my pocket. I've been cleaning out my garage, but today, I found a treasure I was sure was lost. It was a press notebook on the Space Shuttle, a thick 3-ring binder filled with diagrams and blueprints. Probably worth something to somebody....

Pocket lint. So much pocket lint. Its neither startling nor exciting and not particularly disgusting... unless I somehow found out what it was actually made of.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628566
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.