Agnostic.com

2 8

LINK All I’m Offering Is The Truth | Philosophy of the Matrix

I once drove Uber and had a Toyota Matrix. One passenger suddenly asked me, "What's your name?" After I answered, "Neil," he said, "And isn't this a Matrix?" I knew enough to find that very funny. I've recently embraced Zen Taoism and am something of a Monk. Maybe a sage without the vast knowledge of a Watts but becoming intimately mindful of loss, detachment, and letting go. The "truth" that I see is probably not the ultimate Truth but I feel they are mine for this illusionary period. This truth makes going back into the cave seem distasteful, actually. Like a sour root which my characters seem to enjoy so I walk away from. "Like a movie star who gets burned in a three way script." I see people as characters of a narrative for my story/education/evolution. Sadly, that is less mutually flattering so it's causing disruption. So far I'm more amused by the story as being my creation than by the suffering it brings. Loss from detachment is different than loss from misfortune, though. It feels more deliberate and, therefore, less jarring.
Anyway, I very much enjoy Einzelgänger's voice and teachings. Thought you characters might also enjoy him.

rainmanjr 8 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We should seek the truth and few of us have it. We choose religion of some kind instead and most of us believe our governments are really there to help us. Keep in mind that The Matrix is only a movie and Quantum is not proven. Do we have alternate universes? In which one of these do we time travel and if I go backwards in time by only one week what happens to those living the present who go back into that week with me? Lastly, do we pick this event out of my mind or the minds of the others who share in this illusion with me. There is only interaction within the Now.

I feel that most people do not want the truth and resist it, mostly out of fear. They want the comfort of the familiar. I am not someone who eagerly embraces change, but I have always wanted to hear and know the truth, no matter how ugly or disturbing. Guess that makes me a bit of a paradox.

It makes you courageous and Dan Rather would love that. So do I. IDK how much truth I'm willing to seek but feel satisfied with where I am.

@rainmanjr That's really all we can ask of each other.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629484
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.