Agnostic.com

6 4

Gee, what does this say about the judicial system? Black man given the harshest sentence for January 6 riots, even though he wasnt in the capital.

Open SmartNews and read "Black man given longest sentence over Capitol riots even though he didn’t go" here: [share.smartnews.com]
To read it on the web, tap here: [share.smartnews.com]

Beowulfsfriend 9 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a laugh!! This creep aligns with racists and then complains that his sentencing is racist!!! Hilarious!!! I don't think he'll be segregating with the white nationalists... Perhaps he'll have an accident in jail...

His race may have made a difference but I bet he didn't go to the Capitol because he was afraid they would attack him. Something tells me drugs and alcohol were involved.

If Smocks have been treated harsher than anyone else for the same crime they committed merely because he is black, the judge should be condemned for being racist, but the article does not clarify that that is the case. He didn't actually go to the Capitol but he definitely actively instigated the riot... but so did Trump! How come he's never been punished for the instigation he made, so publicly besides? And THAT is injustice.

Ryo1 Level 8 Oct 23, 2021

IMHO, not much difference than what trump and his supporters tweeted before January 6, 2021.
Which brings it all back to the theory that systemic racism is built into our justice system.

I get the point, but fuck him.

Sometimes instigators have to pay the price for their responsibility in causing a riot no matter what their race.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629765
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.