Agnostic.com

4 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It doesn't take an expert to recognize the difference between a blank and a live bullet. Additionally there is no reason for a live bullet to be on a movie set.

Rachel handles this subject well. The unfortunate thing is that real guns are used as movie props sometimes because of the cost of blank ammo. The bullet is simply removed and wadding added to hold the charge. In the case of Jon Erik-Hexum he put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger as a joke. He died. With Brandon Lee one of the guns still contained a live bullet. He died. I'm told that Arnold Swarzenegger will not be involved with any movie where real guns are used at all. Smart man. The reality is that Hollywood often tries to save a buck and it can sometimes get people killed. It is the production companies who should be held fully responsible when this sort of accident happens. I suggest to start with that no real guns of any type ever be on a movie set.

I was furious when Brandon Lee was killed when filming “The Crow.” Every time I watch the scene where I know he was actually murdered, it makes me incredibly sad and shocked and angry.

How could something like this have happened? And now it happened again?? Nothing learned? What a ridiculous waste of life for something as stupid as filming a movie. Wow. Writing that, I see I’m still furious.

The more we hear about this story, with staff strikes and grievances going on, the more it seems like an episode of Colombo. You could almost imagine him walking around in a trench coat, saying 'There's just one more question, sir..." If only real victims weren't involved.

My first thought was that Hollywood money and lawyers would make this all go away, as usual. It still might. But this one will get nasty.

Yeah... something stinks to high heaven. The union/scab dynamic will likely come into play big time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629916
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.