Agnostic.com

8 12

Don't make exuses for nasty people. Putting a flower in an asshole doesn't make it a vase.

Beowulfsfriend 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Excellent advice

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 25, 2021

Timely advice. An old friend has popped into my life again and is such an old curmudgeon complaining about everyone and everything. I say "lighten up" and "show some grace" but he just keeps at it. I don't make any excuses for him, but if I did, this advice will help. 😉

My youthful idealism — instead of winding down to realism during my teens as it does for most people — was going strong into my fifties. I swung like a pendulum between idealism and cynicism, pausing in realism for only moments.

I ascribed it to growing up in an authoritarian Catholic and occasionally violent home — physical violence from my father and emotional violence from my mother.

Throwing them and their religion out of my life and finishing college helped.

Look. What my former girlfriend and I did in the privacy of our own bedroom, is none of your business.

So True!

Attack hurt people only if you were hurt.

But sometimes we see others being hurt by nasty comments, so speaking up can help all around, in my opinion anyway.

Uncle Junior told it better.

....just try to understand them......... And say that you have found a better vase.

Beautiful! I'm stealing this...thanks!

I stole it from a Portuguese friend

@Beowulfsfriend Hmmm...does that make you a ''fence?"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629948
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.