Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK STI rates ‘at their highest numbers’ in US as Covid dominates health funding | US news | The Guardian

I blame the puritanical views of sex that most. Americans have; the lack of comprehensive sex education in schools and the fact that parents won't have an educational talk with their kids either (because, you know, taking to kids about sex makes them want to have sex 🙄 ).

JonnaBononna 7 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

STI? Whatever happened to good old VD?

Because it's not a disease, it's an infection.

@JonnaBononna Syphilis and Gonorrhea are infections as well. They still used to call them VD. Everybody knows what VD is {except Edith Bunker). Not everybody knows the term STI.

@barjoe terms change. Younger people may not know what VD is. They haven't used that term in a long time. They started using "sexually transmitted disease" or STD in the 90s, then it changed to STI in the last decade.

@JonnaBononna So does the younger generation know what rubbers are?

@barjoe some may, but they generally just call them condoms

With all social activities being closed down for over a year (dances, movies, sports) what else were people to do besides sex? 😂

Makes sense to me, but during all of my Covid isolation, the only sex I had was with myself. Been so long since I had partner sex, I'm beginning to wonder if I still remember it??..... as the last time was long before Covid, being widowed and separated by illness before her death....

@TomMcGiverin I'm in the same boat friend. I haven't even had a date for the past 6 years or so. The only female friend I have is my ex, and we didn't have sex the last year we were married and barely before that. If she's in a good mood, I sometimes get a hug, the extent of my human contact other than my mom.
But kids are much more social and horny! If there's a way, they'll find it. With the uptick in STI's, I'd guess they aren't being too choosy who they knock one off with either. LOL

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.