Agnostic.com

16 36

Eye surgery changed my daughter's eye color.

Claire has always had black eyes like her Latino father. You could not see her pupils.

Her eyesight was very bad liked her father. Nearly blind. Her eyesight worsened as she got older. Eventually, she could not wear contacts. Claire hated her thick glasses.

Four years ago, Claire researched new eye surgery developed in Italy. Only one surgeon in Seattle had the new machine and two hundred successful surgeries. Her eyes had thick enough retinas. Her dad paid for Claire's eye surgery.

My brave girl has eye surgery on both eyes at age-27. We all felt scared she would be blind. After the bandages came off, Claire was thrilled. "My sight is improving each hour!" She now has perfect vision.

To our surprise, Claire's eyes are now light brown like mine. It's a side effect.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I too had horrible vision. I once asked the ophthalmologist what was my rating and he said it was off the charts and now listed as the distance to count fingers (3'😉. Coke bottle glasses for a while but then new technology in lenses reduced the lens down to a normal thickness. Years after a racquet bass accident I developed a trauma cataract and had to have cataract surgery. Replacing the lenses gave me perfect vision even down to 20/15 in one eye. Later, I had what's known as a radial keratotomy procedure to smooth an astigmatism. All were simple and outpatient. I was given a DVD of the procedure but have not seen it. A nurse practitioner friend has and said it was very interesting but not for the squeamish.

Yeah, my daughter watched my lasik procedure. Cut a flap off the front of the eye and fold it back, etc.

She's beautiful

Unity Level 7 Oct 26, 2021

Wonderful new technology for people who suffer with this! I had a neighbor who had similar surgery. She is so pleased to be able to see without thick glasses.

I am delighted to here that . I am very happy for her .

A strange and inspiring story. I am glad for her. This would have scared me to death.

@DenoPenno

I was awake and heavily sedated during cataract eye surgery. They did surgery on one eye at a time, a month apart.

The worst part watching a hypodermic needle coming toward my eye, then the squeaking sound of the needle penetrating my eyeball. Eww!

"The next eye surgery will be easy because you know what to expect," the nurse said afterward. I gave her a look and shuddered.

Very happy to hear of the great result.

I’m glad the Op was a success!! Enjoy life!! Become a model!! You’ll do very well!!

Wow gorgeous

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 25, 2021

Congrats to you both on the successful surgery, as well as the sweet surprise of being able to now see a hidden little bit of you in her, after all this time!!

I can certainly empathize--I got hit in the eye by a tennis ball and took 5 surgeries to get me back to 20/20.

That's... pretty darn amazing...

How wonderful for Claire! I know you are over the moon happy for her mom. 😉 She’s a lovely woman with pretty brown eyes!! 😍 so happy for the positive outcome.

Yeah, that happened to mine when I had lasik in 2005. I went from green to blue. You can only see green anymore right next to the pupil. Kinda weird.

Same eye, different time....if you look next to the pupil you can see the green pattern matches.

@Larimar that’s really amazing. Is your eyesight good/better?

@Redheadedgammy I had eyesight so bad, I couldn't read the alarm clock with 3" high digits next to me. I don't even wear readers and I'm 60. I see better than others my age that never wore glasses. Part of my lasik included free lifetime adjustments if needed. Don't think I'll be needing to use that......

So happy for you both.

it would be very tricky to be any prettier. nice eyes too.

Seriously? Incredible! Congrats! I am one of those who believe that our eyes are windows to our souls.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.