Agnostic.com

7 4

It seems that a lot people are overworked. Do you notice this?

AbramH85 6 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm retired but since I'm a type A personality I am sometimes overworked but it's my own fault. I have a young friend with a really good job and she is overworked. Not because of her job but because all of the other tasks she takes on.

I think a lot of it is we live in a society where you see so many people doing such wonderful things and you want to do them too.

Some times

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 26, 2021

Yes. Speaking as a teacher, the past several years more and more is being put on our plates. Then having to learn how to teach online, and now this year with a lack of teachers, paraprofessionals, and substitutes, it is escalating 2, 3, for fold. I'm exhausted as well as most of my colleagues.

Sure do! My experience has been that the top brass has been treating the work force horrendously for a long time. In theory, workers can change jobs, but the very real threats of a blackened reputation and loss of medical care for the entire family put the power in management's court, and they know it.

Zster Level 8 Oct 26, 2021

well tides they may be turning some

Sure hope so. I favor a 4 day work week.

@LovinLarge and higher wages..... I worked for 2.13 way too long

Like LovinLarge says, you are bound to be overworked, if your employer won't pay enough to attract another person to do a two person job.

I notice more than people are underpaid. In Colorado, employers are hurting for employees because most of them won't pay decent wages. Minimum wage needs to be a living wage.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630247
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.