Agnostic.com

3 3

Well that just stuffed up my nice and quiet afternoon.
Now that quite a number of COVID restrictions have been removed it seems that the God-mobsters se it as being their right and signal to come door-knocking once again.
31 degrees Celsius, windy with a very dry northerly wind blowing and a couple of Jehovah's Witlesses are dragging a toddler around with them.
They knocked on my door, not realising who was knocking I opened it and there's this poor little ankle-biter sweating and bright red in the face from the heat and the walking.
With the screen door still securely latched, I told them to wait a moment, went and got a bottle of icy cold water and a cup from the freezer from the fridge, went back to the door, poured the ankle-biter a cup full of water, which vanished as fast he could drink it, then re-filled his cup with the last of the icy cold water, handed to the little bloke, told him to drink up, then took the cup.
The adults then looked at me and said, "We are Christians you know, we are human as well, we do get thirsty in heat like this are you going to offer us a drink?"
I looked like I cared, though I did not in the least, and simply answered, " Yes. there's tap over there on the fence and piece of hose attached from when I was filling the watering can this morning, go and help yourselves."
"But," came a response, " won't the water from the tap be hot and not so cooling to drink, can't we have cold water like our child?"
"Yes, " I replied, " Just pray for it to start snowing and for Jesus to send you down 2 icy cold cups to drink from as well," then I turned around, shut the wooden door and went back to getting my lunch ready.
BUT, before I got my lunch ready I rang the local office of the Department of Child Services and reported that in my opinion these two persons were endangering the health and safety of a child by making him wander around town in the 31 degree heat while they went door-knocking and selling religion.
The woman who answered my call sound quite disgusted, angry and irate and said she would personally leave the office, take a departmental car and go and find this child and bring what ever power she had as representative of the department to bear on the adults and remove the child if possible legally.

Triphid 9 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good job! Much nicer than brining the hose around and giving them a good soaking, which would have been another alternative! 😂

IF they hadn't been dragging a child along with them, my alternative action would have NOT been the garden hose but the CO2 Fire Extinguisher that sits by the door in case a spark from my wood-burner gets out and causes a fire.

@Triphid that would have cooled them off! 😂⛄️

@Barnie2years You bet it would've.

The utter stupidity of people is mind boggling.

Well done you!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630479
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.