Agnostic.com

3 8

Bloody Nora, there are finger nail marks on my ceiling for certain now.
Sitting here reading through my alerts, etc, when a clap of thunder goes off almost over the top of my house, scares the the blazes out of my so well that I reckon I hit the ceiling twice.
Checked my undies, no skid marks or nasty surprises though, thankfully...LOL.

Triphid 9 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Those ones that flash and sizzle at the same time definitely will wake you up!

Nope, I don't think there was much flash or sizzle but it certainly was LOUD.

@Triphid then it wasn’t even close! When you hear the sizzle, then you know your ass might be in trouble.

@Barnie2years I have had lightning strike pretty damned close me before, the closest was one Night Shift on the Railways.
I was sitting on one set of tracks waiting to watch as an in-coming Freight train would go past on an adjacent set of tracks so I could see if anything was dragging or broken under the wagons.
There had been a few claps of thunder earlier in the shift but nothing else, then on the third set of tracks across from me there was this brilliant flash, a shower of sparks followed closely by the roar of thunder and an empty open wagon turned a bright yellowish-red colour, the paint on it started to burn and peal away and a hole appeared where once the floor of the wagon had been.
Needless to say I headed for the toilet block to check my undies just in case they needed to be changed...LOL.

@Triphid I had a couple of close calls myself. It’s definitely sobering. If it was God trying to wack me, he definitely needs to work on his aim! 😂 And it didn’t convert me into a believer.

@Barnie2years Last winter we had a thunderstorm late on a Saturday afternoon while I was up on the roof fixing down a few sheets of corrugated iron that had loosened the nails holding them down.
A few flashes of lightning and claps of thunder went by and the lady next door yelled out me, " Aren't you scared of getting hit by lightning?"
I just answered back with " If the God/s of Lightning are searching for a worthwhile target then there's plenty of Churches around town that deserve to get hit more than I do."
The news that came on the radio the next morning was, " Lightning strikes Church in Iodide Street, building catches fire and is completely gutted, could be subject to Demolition Orders after Insurance Assessors are finished examining it."

You and my dog would get along well.

Not scared of either thunder or lightning it was just the massive thundering clap right overhead that was totally unexpected that got me jumping.

I hate thunder!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630651
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.