Agnostic.com

6 1

Best computer

I need to replace my Dell (HDMI port is broken). Any suggestions?

duchessa1 7 Oct 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I got your message but for some reason was not able to respond, messenger has not been working for me recently. You should be able to join the group now being you reached level 3. Sorry to hear your computer gave you trouble.

I am not L3 yet.

@duchessa1 It's saying 3 by your username above.

@SpikeTalon I will check. Trust me, sooner or later I will join again. Please, say "Hi" to Trajan and the others. Thanks.

Can't you just cast?

If you have a spare usb socket get an hdmi:usb converter [amazon.com]

I tried but the image is poor...

@duchessa1 take the fly's suggestion & just have teckie replace the broken socket or video card.
I'm told that there are few new computers that have hdmi sockets these days. Seemingly now using blutooth or wifi to connect.

@duchessa1 the latest offering on Indiegogo is [indiegogo.com]

The smallest version only being about $US 160.

@FrayedBear To replace the broken port costs around $ 300.00; not worthy.
The HDMI ports are in the computer for the las 10+ years.

@duchessa1 get a new one or more modern 2nd hand. The Indiegogo offer has an hdmi 4K port.

@FrayedBear I will get a new one in two months. Thanks for the help.

Univac 2000

How about a colossus?

I always said people recommend nothing else but what they feel comfortable related to.

A useful resource if they can deliver given today's delivery bottlenecks.

The Freegeek people make cynicism hard to justify.

@yvilletom It's not a matter of "justification" but of showing what they are.

Tell how you use your computer and you’ll get better recommendations. HDMI suggests movies.

HDMI provides much brightness....which is what I need. I use my puter for teaching as well as entertainment.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630797
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.