Agnostic.com

3 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard about this on NPR. What disturbs me is how quickly changes took place just playing a rigged Molopoly game. Imagine how it is with persons who inherited wealth down several generations. And the republican tax plan just did away with the inheritance tax. I see the making of many like Caligula in out future.

We have one as President!

I worked in homes of the filthy rich for years as a personal chef. I never met a happy rich person. Most did not seem to care whose necks they stepped on as they ascended the ladder of personal wealth nor was there ever enough. The more they made the more they wanted. They were uniformly mean and nasty to their employees, colleagues, friends and family. For every asset there is a price to pay.

I work for the rich but have been lucky. most are fair at least and some downright congenial. You must be dealing with an upper echelon of rich [ I guess a personal chef says it all]

Back in the 1970s, when I was teaching a class of teaching methods for teaching social studies, I ysed a simulation called "Starpower" -- a simulation disguised as a game. In the simulation players were to trade tokens among other games, but the game was stacked in favor of one group from the very beginning. As the game went on, they accumulated more "wealth" their behavior became for domineering. When given the opportunity to change he rules, the group given the advantage always changed the rules to increase their advantage and control -- just like the Republicans in Congress are doing today. Each time the game was played with a different group new to the game, the behaviors of both privileged and disadvantaged changed depending on what transpired. It was a fantastic teaching tool.

If you can find the simulation today, buy it convent a group of 8 - 10 people, play the game and watch what happens. Again, the name was Starpower."

A great post, Evestrat!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6336
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.