Agnostic.com

4 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you ask me, Agnostics are marginalized on the very site bearing their name.
I hear atheist this and atheist that constantly, day after day, over and over again. It's nauseating. Why don't you just change the name to Atheists.com? There ARE atheist sites, you know. Maybe those places are so relatively dead because a lot more people identify as agnostic than atheist, and THIS place attracts a lot more people..
(I should add I don't know that for a fact. Gee, how agnostic of me to put it that way.)
On the other hand, maybe it's better the way it is. Like fundamentalist religionists, atheists seem to be more "on a mission" than agnostics, louder, more committed to the "cause," whatever it is.
It's just that every time I read "atheist," I feel like somebody came into our office, sat in our chair behind the desk, helped himself to our candy dish, and started barking orders.
I can't help it.
So what do you think? Do I need counseling? Medication? I HAVE been working too hard lately...maybe I need a vacation. Yeah that's it, a vacation...
Sorry, forget I even brought it up. I'll be fine.

I considered myself an Agnostic for a long time because I had questions I couldn’t answer about life that just didn’t seem to be random events. When I found the answer to the questions (chaos theory) I abandoned any illogical need for a god figure and embraced Atheism.

@Barnie2years A friend and I were discussing reincarnation, as part of a larger one about meteohysical things (which you reject) and she related an occurrence involving her family (about which I don't remember the details) very difficult to dismiss. I've read a lot about the subject I can't dismiss. That by no means proves anything, most definitely not about a "divine entity," which I myself think is highly unlikely. But as a curious sort, it means "something" to me, so I can't call myself an atheist. In fact, I think the most ardent atheist is an AGNOSTIC atheist, but let's not get into that again.
I was just being a snotty. I respect your point of view.

@Storm1752 thanks, and that’s all I was doing, expressing my train of thought that lead me to where I am at. We all are on different paths, with different stops along the way.

Not a surprise

The haters just don't like it because humanist can be good without a god.

Even America doesn't think in terms of Humanism, anymore. We used to. Remember all the talk about Human Rights? Now it's about each and every segment of human society struggling for their own rights. The humans be damned and on their own. Wait....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634374
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.